Do you love chicken fries? If so, you’re going to love this guide on how to cook frozen chicken fries in air fryer. Air fryers are a great way to cook food without using a lot of oil and they produce delicious results.
In just a few minutes, you can have crispy, delicious chicken fries that are healthier than traditional frying methods. In this guide, we will walk you through the steps of cooking frozen chicken fries in an air fryer. So let’s get started!
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Fries Recipe
- 1 bag frozen chicken piece fries
- 1 cooking spray/spritz Oil
- Spray the air frying basket with nonstick cooking oil or spray before you start cooking these really simple chicken fries. This will ensure that your fries do not stick at the bottom of the air fryer.
- Next, in the basket, put your fries in a uniform layer while taking extreme precautions to ensure that none is resting on top of another. To cook evenly and crisply, they must be laid out in a single layer.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and cook the frozen fries for about 7-8 minutes. At the 4-minute interval, flip all of the fries over so that they are crispy on both sides.
- If your chicken fries aren’t golden enough after 8-ish minutes, cook them for another 2-3 minutes. After this, you can serve them with your choice of dipping sauce and enjoy.
Tips When Cooking Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Fries
When cooking frozen chicken fries in your air fryer, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- You’ll want to preheat your air fryer to the correct temperature. This will ensure that your chicken fries cook evenly and don’t stick to the basket.
- Be sure to shake the basket a few times during cooking to prevent sticking and promote even cooking.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket; cook in batches if necessary.
- Do not defrost the chicken fries before putting them in the air fryer; they should be entirely frozen. They could get mushy if they begin to thaw.
- Allow an additional 6-7 minutes after the cooking time for them to cool down before serving if you’re serving them to kids. They’re blazing hot when you just get them out of the air fryer.
- Cook frozen chicken fries in bunches if you want to cook a large amount. You don’t want to overcrowd them in the fryer, since this will prevent them from crisping up.
What to Serve With Crispy Air Fried Chicken Fries
There are a few different ways that you can enjoy your chicken fries. You can have them as is, with a dipping sauce, or even on top of a salad. Here are some of our favorite ways to enjoy our crispy air-fried chicken fries.
This is the simplest way to enjoy your air fryer chicken fries. They are already cooked to perfection and seasoned perfectly, so all you need to do is enjoy them as is.
With A Dipping Sauce:
If you want to add a little bit of extra flavor to your chicken fries, then dipping them in your favorite dipping sauce is the way to go. Some favorite sauce options to dip your air fryer fried chicken fries in are BBQ sauce, honey mustard, and ranch.
On Top Of A Salad:
Chicken fries are also a great way to jazz up a boring salad. Just top your favorite salad with some chicken fries and you have a delicious and healthy meal.
Why Cook Chicken Fries in an Air Fryer?
If you are looking for a healthier alternative to deep-fried chicken, cooking chicken fries in an air fryer is a great option. Air fryers use hot air to cook food, so there is no need for oil. This means that your chicken fries will be lower in fat and calories than if they were fried in oil.
Another benefit of cooking chicken fries in an air fryer is that they will be crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. This is because air fryers circulate hot air around the food, so all sides of the chicken fries are cooked evenly.
So, if you are looking for a healthier way to cook chicken fries, or if you want them to be crispy and juicy, cooking them in an air fryer is the way to go.
Cooking Chicken Fries in an Air Fryer FAQs
Why are my chicken fries not crispy?
There are a few reasons why your chicken fries might not be coming out as crispy as you’d like. First, make sure that you’re preheating your air fryer for at least three minutes before adding the chicken fries. This will help them cook evenly.
Additionally, be sure to shake the basket halfway through cooking to ensure that all sides of the chicken fries are getting crispy. Lastly, try spraying the basket with a bit of cooking spray before adding the chicken fries. This will help them to get extra crispy.
Can I cook frozen chicken fries in an air fryer?
Yes, you can cook frozen chicken fries in an air fryer! There’s no need to thaw them first. Simply add them to the air fryer basket and cook according to the recipe instructions. Keep in mind that they may take a minute or two longer to cook if they’re starting from frozen.
Is it better to cook chicken fries in the oven or air fryer?
Both the oven and air fryer will give you crispy chicken fries, but the air fryer will do it with less oil. If you’re looking for a healthier option, go for the air fryer. If you’re not worried about using a bit more oil, then cooking them in the oven is just fine.
Do I need to flip my chicken fries while they’re cooking?
No, you don’t need to flip your chicken fries while they’re cooking in the air fryer. Just shake the basket halfway through to ensure that all sides of the chicken fries are getting crispy.
So, there you have it – a complete guide on how to cook frozen chicken fries in air fryer. An air fryer is a small appliance that cooks food by circulating hot air around it. This causes the food to heat up and cook, similar to how an oven works.
One of the benefits of using an air fryer is that it doesn’t produce as much smoke as traditional frying methods do, so it’s a healthier option. Chicken fries are simple to make, and they taste delicious. Be sure to try them out for yourself and see just how good they are.