Not only is your instant pot air fryer a great way to cook food quickly, but it also saves you time and money. Unfortunately, like any mechanical appliance, it has the potential to get gunky over time. Read this blog article to learn how to clean instant pot air fryer to get the most out of your new kitchen appliance!
What Is an Instant Pot Air Fryer?
Instant pot air fryers are small electronic appliances using heat to cook food. They’re often called “air fryers” because the cooking is done in the air rather than oil. Because they’re so small, instant pot air fryers can be used for various tasks, including cooking chicken, potatoes, and other vegetables.
How Often Should the Air Fryer Be Cleaned?
Before we dive into our section on how to clean instant pot air fryer, it’s important to know the frequency of cleaning. When keeping your air fryer clean, following the manufacturer’s instructions is important. However, it’s also important to monitor how often the machine should be cleaned.
The general rule is that your air fryer should be cleaned every time you use it. This means cleaning the interior and exterior of the machine, as well as any removable parts. Make sure to remove all food particles and oils from the interior surfaces before putting the air fryer back in service.
If you notice any dirt or grime build-up, it’s best to deep-clean the air fryer. Use mild dishwashing soap and warm water to clean all surfaces. Be sure to rinse everything off thoroughly before returning the air fryer to service.
How to Clean Instant Pot Air Fryer
To clean an instant pot air fryer, you will need a brush, soap, and water. Remove all the food debris that has accumulated on the fryer by using the brush. Use soap to clean the fryer interior. Wet a towel and wring it out to wipe down the fryer.
When it comes to appliances, few are more important than your air fryer. This little gadget can save you a lot of time and energy when cooking food, but like any other appliance, it needs to be cleaned properly to keep it in good working condition. Here are four easy steps on how to clean your instant pot air fryer:
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup of warm water and 1 teaspoon of dish soap. Soak the air fryer basket in the solution for 10 minutes. Remove the basket and let it dry completely before using it again.
- If the air fryer is dirty inside and out, use a damp cloth to wipe down all the surfaces. Remember to avoid using metal utensils on non-stick surfaces as this could scratch them.
- If there is food residue left on the inner or outer parts of the air fryer, you could use a vacuum cleaner with a hose attachment to suck up all the dirt and debris. Be careful not to damage the appliance by overzealous cleaning!
- To prevent your air fryer from becoming rusty, spray it with non-stick cooking spray once a month and wipe down the exterior.
Why Clean an Instant Pot Air Fryer?
Cleaning an instant pot air fryer is important for your health and the environment.
An air fryer is a great way to cook food, but, like any kitchen appliance, it needs to be cleaned from time to time. Cleaning an air fryer helps to keep your appliance in good condition, and prevents the build-up of food particles and oils that can create harmful allergens. Things to take care of while cleaning an instant pot air fryer include:
- Preheating your oven to its lowest temperature before cleaning your air fryer. This will help reduce the energy needed to heat up the air fryer during cleaning.
- Removing all removable parts of your air fryer, including the basket, lid, and cooking plate. Clean these parts with a damp cloth or sponge. Make sure to remove all grease and oil residue.
- Wiping down the interior of your air fryer with a damp cloth or sponge. Make sure to clean all areas where food may have been cooked, including the heating elements, ventilation slots, and fan casing.
- Replacing any missing parts after cleaning, and wiping down the interior once again with a damp cloth or sponge.
What Else Should You Check For?
Like any other appliance, your instant pot air fryer should be regularly cleaned to prevent build-up and potential problems. Here are a few things you should check for when you’re cleaning your air fryer:
- Make sure the filters are clean – Remove filters and wash them in hot water with soap. Be sure to rinse well and dry them before they are replaced.
- Check the grease fitting – If grease is leaking from the grease fitting, it may be time to replace the grease fitting. Grease can build up over time, causing your air fryer to overheat and potentially burn food.
- Clean around the heating element – Once a month, carefully clean around the heating element with a soft cloth or sponge. This will help prevent food clogs and ensure your air fryer runs smoothly.
Tips and Tricks for Cleaning Your Instant Air Fryer
Instant pot air fryers are a great way to cook your food quickly and easily, but they can get dirty quickly. Here are some tips and tricks for cleaning your instant pot air fryer!
- If your instant pot air fryer has a removable inner cooking basket, clean it after each use. Hot oil and grease can build up over time, making cleaning the basket difficult.
- If your instant pot air fryer has an exterior housing, clean it every time you use it. Dirty fingerprints and other debris can accumulate on the surface, which can cause the machine to emit strange smells or not heat properly.
- If you have a model that uses cones or other cooking inserts, clean them after each use. Removing cooked food from these inserts can be difficult and messy, so ensure everything is cleaned before putting the appliance away.
- Finally, always keep an eye on your instant pot air fryer when it’s in use. If something seems wrong—like the temperature isn’t accurate, or there is an unpleasant smell—stop using the machine and clean it immediately.
Things to Avoid When Cleaning an Instant Pot Air Fryer
When cleaning your instant pot air fryer, it’s important not to damage the appliance. Follow these tips to avoid any headaches:
- Avoid harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners: these can damage the appliance and shorten its lifespan.
- Wash the fryer with warm water and a gentle soap: this will clean the surface and remove any food particles that may have been trapped between the fryer’s plates.
- If grease or oil is on the fryer, use a damp cloth to wipe it off: this will help keep the appliance in good condition and free from build-up.
If you’d like to know the price of Instant Pot Duo Crisp 11-in-1 Air Fryer & Electric Pressure Cooker Combo, click here. It comes in 2 sizes and comes with a free App detailing more than 800 recipes to get you started.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you clean an instant pot air fryer?
First, unplug the fryer, and fill a bowl or sink with warm water and dish soap. You will want to clean the pot in a sink and then place the pot into the dishwasher in a medium-high setting.
Can I clean an instant pot fryer with soap?
To clean your instant pot air fryer, an easy way is to add a few drops of dish soap to a tablespoon of water. Turn the instant pot off, and give it a good scrub down with a sponge or damp cloth.
How long does it take to clean an instant pot air fryer?
The time it takes to clean an instant pot air fryer depends on how many parts are in the fryer, and what kind of oil or grease is on the removable parts. If a certain part is hidden, not removable, or cannot be removed without breaking, then a thorough cleaning will take more time than if all parts could be removed easily.
Take your Instant Pot cooking to the next level with this Goldlion Dehydrator Rack. It include 5 stackable layers for you to dehydrate all kind of fruit, veggies and meats.
Instant pot air fryers can completely change the way you cook – for the better. They are delicious and healthy way to cook your food, but they can also be hard to clean. If you’ve ever wondered how to clean instant pot air fryer, follow these tips to help keep your air fryer clean and in good working order:
- Always preheat the air fryer by heating the oil or butter inside. This will help prevent any sticking or clogging during cooking.
- Use a damp cloth or sponge to clean the machine’s exterior after each use. Make sure to get into all the nooks and crannies!
- If grease or food residue is on the interior walls of the machine, soak a piece of paper towel in warm water and place it over the opening where food comes out. Push down on the paper towel until it absorbs all of the liquid, and then wipe down the walls with a cleaning cloth.
We hope you enjoy cooking with your instant pot air fryer, and learned some tips on how to clean it with ease!