Making perfect air fryer soft boiled eggs is easier than you might think! In this guide, we’ll walk you through the steps to making delicious and fluffy eggs every time.
Air frying is a great way to cook eggs, because it results in a light and fluffy texture that everyone will love. Plus, it’s a lot healthier than frying them in oil! If you’re looking for a quick and easy breakfast dish the whole family will enjoy, give this air fryer recipe a try!
Air Fryer Soft Boiled Eggs Recipe
- 6 large eggs
- Nonstick cooking spray (optional)
- A dash of salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your air fryer to 250°F (125°C).
- Place the eggs in the basket of the air fryer, making sure they are not touching each other.
- Spray the eggs with a light coating of cooking spray, if desired. This will help the eggs to cook more evenly and prevent them from sticking to the basket.
- Cook for 7 minutes at 250°F.
- Carefully remove the basket from the air fryer, and let cool for 3 – 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and black pepper, let cool, and serve. Enjoy!
Tips for Air Fryer Soft Boiled Eggs
Making soft boiled eggs in the air fryer is an easy and healthy way to enjoy your favorite breakfast food. Even lifestyle experts think so! With this recipe, you can have perfectly cooked eggs every single time without having to stand over a pot or pan of boiling water. Here are some things to note when making this recipe:
- For extra flavor, try adding a sprinkling of herbs or spices to the eggs before air frying.
- Keep a close eye on the eggs while they’re cooking, and adjust the cook time as necessary. You can use a kitchen timer or the air fryer’s built-in timer to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Make sure your air fryer is preheated before adding the eggs so they cook evenly.
- Let the eggs cool for a few minutes before serving, since they will continue to cook after they’re removed from the air fryer.
- For hard-boiled eggs, increase the cooking time to 9 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can you make dippy eggs in the air fryer?
Yes! Making dippy eggs in an air fryer is easy to do. All you have to do is adjust the cook time and correct temperature to get the desired consistency of your eggs. For runny yolks, cook for 6 minutes at 250°F (125°C). For medium tender yolks, cook for 8 minutes at 300°F (150C).
For hard-boiled eggs, increase the cooking time to 10 minutes. Make sure to carefully remove the air fryer basket and let cool for a few minutes before serving. Air fryer hard-boiled eggs can be stored in an airtight container in your fridge, and can be delicious in other recipes, such as egg salad, deviled eggs, and hot or cold salads.
Do you put cold water in an air fryer to boil eggs?
No, you do not need to put cold water in the air fryer to boil eggs.
Adding a pot of water will actually result in steamed eggs instead of boiled eggs. It’s best to use a non-stick cooking spray on the eggs before air frying to help prevent them from sticking to the basket. This will also make sure that your eggs cook evenly.
Are air fryer eggs healthy?
Yes, air fryer eggs can be a healthy breakfast option. The air fryer circulates hot air around the food, which is what helps cook the food without added oil or fat.
Air frying also results in a light and fluffy texture for the eggs that everyone will enjoy. Plus, you get all of the nutritional benefits of eating eggs without any of the added fat or calories that come with frying them in oil. Go ahead and give air fryer eggs a try! You won’t be disappointed.
Are air fryer boiled eggs safe to eat?
Yes, air fryer boiled eggs are safe to eat, as long as they’re cooked at the appropriate temperature and for the recommended length of time. The air fryer circulates hot air around the basket of food, which is what helps cook the food all the way through.
This thorough cooking ensures any bacteria or other contaminants are killed off before consumption. Make sure to let the eggs cool for a few minutes after cooking in order to prevent any burns from the hot eggshell. Enjoy!
Are air fryer soft boiled eggs harder to peel than regular ones?
No, air fryer boiled eggs are not any harder to peel than regular boiled eggs. The air fryer circulates hot air around the food, which helps cook it all the way through, resulting in cooked but still soft egg whites.
This makes it easy to peel the eggs after cooking, just like with regular boiled eggs. Keep in mind air fryer eggs will continue to cook after you remove them from the air fryer, so be sure to let them cool before you start peeling.
Do air fryer eggs taste the same?
Yes, air fryer eggs taste the same as eggs made using the regular boiling method. The air fryer gives them a light and fluffy texture that everyone will enjoy, and it’s a water-free, hands-off method.
Can you make scrambled eggs in an air fryer?
Yes, you can make scrambled eggs in an air fryer! To do this, add your whisked eggs to the basket of your preheated air fryer. Cook for 3 – 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the eggs are cooked to your desired doneness. Serve immediately.
Overall, air fryer soft boiled eggs are a great way to quickly and easily make delicious and nutritious eggs. Whether you’re looking for boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, or even egg-based dishes like frittatas, the air fryer is up to the task!
With some simple guidelines and a few minutes of time, you can easily make air fryer eggs that everyone will enjoy. So go ahead: give it a try!