Let me say straight away that any kind of fried potato is fine by me!
However, sweet potatoes are a very popular alternative to regular potato fries. They taste great and are really easy to make.
Even better, they are also a healthier alternative to the standard potato French fry as a portion of sweet potato is considered a serve of veg, whilst a regular potato isn’t. Lord only knows how that works, as I’m sure that a spud was a vegetable last time I looked. But hey, who am I to argue with nutritionists?
If you’d like to learn more about the nutritional difference between potatoes and sweet potatoes, you can read more here.
Best Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries Recipe:
Makes: 2 servings. Prep: 10 mins. Cook: 8 mins
2 medium sweet potatoes; 2 tsp olive oil; ½ tsp salt.
Optional – ½ tsp garlic powder and ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- Heat the air fryer to 200C for 5 minutes.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into 6-7mm thick fries – dry thoroughly with a clean tea towel or paper towel.
- Toss the raw sweet potato fries in the oil and salt – and spices, if you are using them.
- Lightly spray the air fryer basket with oil.
- Lay the sweet potato pieces in the basket in a single layer – try not to let them touch one another.
- Cook for 8 minutes per batch, turning the fries halfway through.
- You will need to make the fries in 2 or 3 batches.
If you’d like to know how to make crunchy regular potato chips, you can read more here.